Deb McMillan’s Mission
To inspire and lead thousands into financial security through action-driven personalized real estate coaching and easy-to-understand, simple-to-follow training courses.
Deb McMillan is the no bull, no holds barred speaker, entrepreneur, coach and mentor to hundreds of successful short sale real estate investors. She is the leading authority on Short Sale Real Estate Investing.
She is the creator of the acclaimed, home study real estate course, “Short Sale Success Systems” and her proven short sale strategies have been featured in numerous articles and newsletters throughout the world.
Students nationwide call her “The Short Sale Queen®”.
Deb has been an active real estate investor since 1985 and has closed over 300 successful short sale transactions since 2001 creating hundreds of thousands of dollars for her checking account and 5 times that much for her students
Deb gives people the power to change their financial situations by providing:
- Industry leading pre-foreclosure short sale courses
- Fun and inspiring live boot camps
- And highly personalized one-on-one real estate coaching
From Deb McMillan:
In 1985 I purchased my first rental property. I paid with my own cash.
Absolutely not how I’d tell you to do it today
Back then there just weren’t many people out there to coach you to get you started.
It was pretty much try it, take advice from often the wrong people, wait for something to go wrong and then figure out how to fix it.
It truly was a school of bumps, bruises and literally hard knocks.
I bought my first rental, a two-family, in 1986. I bought it basically because the real estate agent put his foot firmly in the middle of my back and pushed! He said $2,000 would be all it would take to get both units into move in condition.
Of course, that was after I evicted the current tenants and the pit bull living there. $10,000 later I was ready to rent the first unit. Yes, the school of hard knocks.
For the next 15 years I purchased and sold properties using just about every imaginable method.
Fortunately I’ve always been a quick learner, so soon I found myself regularly landing money-making properties and life was good.
Then it happened. In early 2001 I hit the goldmine. I did my first short sale.
Life has not been the same since.
I’m not going to bore you with the multitude of good things that have come from doing short sales, but travel is my hot button and our 28 day trip to Cairo, Egypt and Athens and Santorini, Greece has been just one of the many rewards.
Can you make money in real estate? You bet. And today’s environment is creating more great investment opportunities than ever before.
There are many ways to profit in today’s real estate markets, but I am crazy passionate about making it using short sales. I feel like a detective and a savior all rolled into one when I close a short sale for a defaulting homeowner.
That’s the best part – seeing the expression on the homeowner’s face when you buy their house and the burden is now OFF of their back.
Today, I have an absolute passion for helping people take the shortest route I know to true real estate investment success so they can see the smiles and tears on the homeowners faces’ too!
May you enjoy the shortest route.
Let me know how I can help,
Deb “The Short Sale Queen® and Coach ” McMillan
Here’s the fancy sounding past and present stuff:
- Author of paperback book Recession Proof Real Estate Investing Short Sale Your Way to Prosperity Though Secrets, Systems and Strategies
- Past President Real Estate Investors Association of Cincinnati. (REIA of Cincinnati)
- Three year Past President of the Ohio Real Estate Investors Association. (OREIA)
- Six year Past Board Of Directors, National Real Estate Investors Association (NaREIA)
- Creative author of numerous home study courses, newsletters and articles on pre-foreclosure short sales and forbearance and real estate investing.
- Successful residential real estate investor since 1985
- 300+ short sale acquisitions in the Ohio counties of Hamilton and Butler since 2001.
- Hosted her own short sale radio program for approximately one year